the name you
can count on
There's only one full-size pickup that's engineered and built to Professional Grade specifications : GMC Sierra. Year in and year out, they perform capably and reliably in the toughest tests you put them through. That's due to the core strength of its three-piece modular frame and the durable power of its VortecTM engine lineup. It enables you to match your power to your specific demands – all the way up to a 403 hp 6.2L V8. Along the way, Sierra also sets the pace in fuel efficiency, with VortecTM V8 fuel consumption ratings that easily beat Ford F-150's V8.* And you can build your Sierra your way, with a wide range of configurations, body styles, box lengths and trim levels. Count on it. The 2013 GMC Sierra 1500.
- VortecTM Power To Spare
- VortecTM engines are known both for their efficient power generation and their proven reliability. The name VortecTM refers to the vortex technology that swirls and tumbles incoming air and fuel for optimum power and response. The Sierra 1500 VortecTM engine lineup includes everything from a frugal 4.3L V6 to a 6.2L V8 that pumps out 403 hp and 417 lb-ft of torque.
- Engine Management - The Key To Fuel Efficiency
- The VortecTM 5.3L V8 features Active Fuel Management® that shuts down four of eight cylinders when power demands are low. Variable Valve Timing (VVT) adjusts valve open and close timing, delivering near-peak torque across the entire range of engine speeds. Sierra XFE achieves 13.7 L/100 km city and 9.1 L/100 km highway ratings. That's significantly better than the comparable Ford F-150 V8-powered pickup.*
- Hook Up With Confidence
- Sierra is engineered to handle a trailer with ease. Beyond its VortecTM power and solid frame, Sierra includes these standard trailering features: trailer sway control that keeps your truck and trailer heading in the proper direction automatically and a Tow/Haul mode that reduces shifting to maintain optimal power and torque. The available MAX Trailering Package adds the 403 hp VortecTM 6.2L V8, in addition to a heavy-duty 241 mm (9.5-in.) ring gear in the rear differential, heavy-duty external engine oil and transmission oil cooling systems, an Eaton® automatic locking rear differential and a weight-distributing hitch. This increases the towing capacity up to a massive 4,854 kg (10,700 lb).
- Part Electric, Part Gas, All Professional Grade
- The Two-Mode Hybrid System is the only hybrid powertrain technology available in the full-size pickup class. It can run on VortecTM V8 gasoline power alone, electric power alone, or a combination of the two. The system includes a 300-volt nickel-metal hydride Energy Storage System (ESS), an Electronically Variable Transmission (EVT) and regenerative braking. They help Sierra Hybrid achieve a city rating of 10.1 L/100 km – less than the Toyota Camry V6 and the Ford Fusion V6.** Yet the Sierra Hybrid offers Professional Grade capability, with a maximum trailering capacity of 2,767 kg (6,100 lb).
- The Ultimate Sierra
- More stylish. More capable. More luxurious. That's the formula that places Sierra 1500 Denali at the very peak of full-size pickups. Styling cues include a Denali-signature honeycomb chrome grille and 20" chromed aluminum wheels. The mechanical package includes the 403 hp VortecTM 6.2L V8, plus the sophisticated all-weather traction of full-time All-Wheel Drive (AWD). The luxury is revealed by features like heated and cooled front bucket seats, a heated steering wheel and a Bose® Premium sound system with a six-disc CD changer. The most: Sierra 1500 Denali.
- You're On Solid Terrain
- Not every truck is engineered to stand up to the punishment of off-road driving. Take Sierra 1500 and add the available All Terrain or Off-Road Packages and you have a truck that can stand up to Canada's most severe terrain. Features include a Z71 Off-Road suspension, an industry-exclusive Eaton® automatic locking rear differential, extended-travel Rancho® shock absorbers and a skid plate package. The styling is also more rugged when you select the Sierra Off-Road Package that includes a dramatic body-coloured grille and sparkling 20" chrome-clad aluminum wheels. Set your own course – with the Sierra All Terrain and Off-Road Packages.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
** 2013 Sierra Hybrid fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Competitive fuel consumption ratings based on Natural Resources Canada's 2012 Fuel Consumption Guide. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
∞ Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing of the 2013 Sierra in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.