The original Acadia crossover brought new elements of style and refinement to the category. Now the redesigned 2013 Acadia advances the world of crossovers yet again. It offers an even more distinctive presence, an athletic stance and bold front-end styling. What hasn't changed is Acadia's "Professional Grade" capability, highlighted by a 288 horsepower 3.6L V6 with Direct Injection. The versatility is also exceptional, with standard seating for eight - and a cargo capacity of up to 3,286 L (116.1 cu. ft) with the second and third rows folded flat. The technological sophistication is also exemplary, as demonstrated by features ranging from an available intelligent All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system to available Head-Up Display instrumentation and IntelliLinkTM personal media connectivity which is standard on most models. The safety is equally innovative, with the industry's first available centrally mounted front air bag. The next major advance in the crossover: the new 2013 GMC Acadia.
- Denali - A Step Above
- The new Acadia Denali takes the crossover to even loftier heights. The styling makes an unequivocal statement with details like a signature honeycomb chrome grille, 20-in. aluminum wheels and flow-through dual exhaust outlets. The cabin raises the level of sophistication, with standard leather-wrapped, mahogany wood-trimmed steering wheel, plus heated and cooled front bucket seats with perforated leather-appointed seating surfaces. The top-of-the-line Acadia places you at the front of the line among luxury crossovers.
- Puts The Style In Versatile
- While Acadia makes a strong first impression with its styling, its versatility is also sure to impress. Even before you begin loading, you can take advantage of the convenience of the power liftgate on most models. The interior can be easily reconfigured to maximize space for passengers or cargo. With the second and third rows folded down flat, Acadia opens up a substantial 3,286 L (116.1 cu. ft) maximum cargo capacity. The interior flexibility is enhanced by the Smart Slide® second-row seat that slides forward to increase rear cargo room and to ease access to the third row.
- Ready To Be Infotained?
- Information, entertainment and communications technologies have merged - and GMC takes this integrated capability on the road with IntelliLink®.1 It's standard on most models and features personal media connectivity through the standard Bluetooth®. The system enables you to control audio, phone book and music selection using voice-activated technology, the colour touch-screen display or the standard steering-wheel controls. Adding to your entertainment along the way is the standard SiriusXM RadioTM2 and its 120 channels of programming, with digital quality sound and coast-to-coast coverage. For the ultimate Acadia listening experience, the available Bose® premium 10-speaker audio system with sub-woofer. Your mobile listening room – Acadia.
- Must Have - Power Plus Efficiency
- A vehicle as capable as Acadia requires substantial power. Acadia responds with a 3.6L V6 engine that generates an authoritative 288 horsepower. That helps enable a best-in-class available maximum towing capacity of up to 2,359 kg (5,200 lb) when properly equipped.3 Of course, in today's world, excellent fuel efficiency is also a must. By employing such fuel-saving technologies as Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing (VVT), Acadia achieves an 8.4 L/100 km highway fuel consumption rating.4 All the bases are covered with the new Acadia.
- It's All In The Details
- Acadia's high level of refinement is in evidence throughout its cabin. You can see it in the door trim panels that match the colour of the seating - and in the LED lighting that features theatre dimming. The premium character is also revealed in the supple, two-toned material and contrast stitching of the available leather-appointed seating surfaces. And you can add an even more upscale feel by choosing the available wood tones and real aluminum accents on the instrument panel and console.
- Leading-Edge Safety
- Acadia incorporates the latest in safety technology to help you avoid a collision and to help protect you when a collision can’t be avoided. Radar-equipped sensors help make you aware of vehicles entering a blind spot on either side of your vehicle - with the available Side Blind Zone Alert.5 And an available Rear Cross Traffic Alert warns you of cross traffic while backing up. The available Head-Up Display instrumentation keeps you informed, without taking your eyes off the road ahead. As for protection, the 2013 Acadia offers the breakthrough of the industry's first available driver's seat-mounted front centre air bag for the driver and front passenger.6 Another way that Acadia leads the way.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2. Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. Visit siriusxm.ca for details.
3. Based on latest Wardsauto.com 2012 Large Cross/Utility Vehicle segmentation and latest 2013 Model Year competitive information available at time of printing.
4. 2013 Acadia fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.
5. Before making a lane change, always check the Side Blind Zone Alert display, check the side and inside rearview mirrors, look over your shoulder for vehicles and hazards, and start the turn signal.
6. Air bag inflation can cause severe injury or death to anyone too close to the air bag when it deploys. Be sure every occupant is properly restrained. Always use safety belts and the correct restraint for your childâs age and size. Even in vehicles equipped with the Passenger Sensing System, children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate infant, child or booster seat. Never place a rear-facing infant restraint in the front seat of any vehicle equipped with a passenger air bag. See the Owner's Manual and the child safety seat instructions for more safety information.