For All SUVs
Even after 78 years, it never tires of being first. But Suburban doesn't rest on its laurels as the original SUV. The 2013 Suburban sets a series of best-in-class standards that prove its unmatched capability. Need a lot of space in your cabin? The Suburban offers standard seating for nine and a class-leading 3,891 L (137.4 cu. ft.) of cargo space1 – that's 800 L more than even the full-size Chevy Tahoe. Need to hook up a trailer? Suburban continues to lead in towing capabilities, with a best-in-class maximum trailer weight of 4,355 kg (9,600 lb).1 Suburban also rewards the driver and passenger alike with a cabin that is both exceptionally refined and equipped with a host of premium amenities. First in so many ways: the 2013 Suburban 1500 and 2500.
- A Tow Vehicle Without Equal1
- Through its long history, Suburban has become synonymous with serious trailering capabilities. The heavy-duty boxed frame provides a tremendously stiff foundation. VortecTM V8 power is paired with a 6-speed automatic transmission that includes such trailer-specific features as a Tow/Haul mode and Hill Hold Assist. Other systems help you maintain control of your trailer, such as the standard electronic trailer sway control, automatic grade braking and an available integrated trailer brake controller. It adds up to massive towing capacities that top out at a best-in-class 4,355 kg (9,600 lb)1 for Suburban 2500.
- Wins The Space Race
- Suburban also has no equal when it comes to interior space. Bring a full complement of up to nine with you and there's still plenty of room for their stuff, with 1,297 L (45.8 cu. ft.) of rear cargo room. When you need even more space, you can fold down the 60/40 split-folding second-row bench and remove the 50/50 third-row bench seat and open up 3,891 L (137.4 cu. ft.) - the most in its class.1 You can make this transition even easier with the available power release fold-and-tumble second-row seat. The seat not only increases convenience - it also includes the luxury of heated outboard seating positions.
- Power - Another Suburban Essential
- When you offer best-in-class towing capacity and cargo room1 you need an equally formidable presence under the hood. Suburban has what it takes with a 320 hp VortecTM 5.3L V8 on 1500 models and a 352 hp VortecTM 6.0L V8 on 2500s that generates an enormous 382 lb.-ft. of torque. Understanding that fuel efficiency is also a priority, both engines feature Variable Valve Timing (VVT) that optimizes combustion timing to deliver peak torque across a wide rpm range - while increasing fuel efficiency. In addition, the 5.3L engine features Active Fuel Management® that shuts down four of eight cylinders when power demands are low. Also contributing to Suburban's fuel efficiency is the 6-speed automatic transmission that features a tall overdrive gear for reduced fuel consumption during highway driving.
- Off-Road? Make That Way Off-Road
- Start with Suburban's rigid frame and robust power - and then add the unique mechanical and styling features that make the available Z71 Off-Road Package ready for your uncharted adventure. The Z71 Package includes off-road jounce bumpers, gas-charged monotube shock absorbers, specially tuned springs, a 2-speed AutotracTM transfer case on 4x4 models, 18" aluminum wheels, front recovery hooks and a skid plate package. Styling cues include Z71-specific front fascia and fog lights, a chrome grille insert and chrome tubular assist steps. Don't stop where the road ends - go way off road with Suburban Z71.
- Spacious - AND Luxurious
- Suburban offers standard seating for up to nine. Beyond its spaciousness, the cabin is also defined by its refinement. Standard comfort features include a power 6-way driver's seat adjuster and tri-zone climate controls that give the driver, front passenger and rear passengers individual control over their settings. Move up to the LTZ and receive premium amenities including heated and cooled perforated leather-appointed power 12-way front bucket seats and a heated steering wheel. So spacious - so luxurious: Suburban.
- A Vision Of Safety
- Avoiding obstacles before they become trouble is a key component of safety. On top of driver control features like the StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system with proactive roll avoidance, Suburban offers features that help you see what would otherwise be unseen. An available rear vision camera displays objects behind you on the interior rear-view mirror or navigation system screen (if so equipped). The camera also helps when hooking up a trailer. In addition, the available Side Blind Zone Alert system employs radar technology to scan both sides of the vehicle. When another vehicle enters these zones, it triggers an LED alert in the appropriate exterior rear-view mirror.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.