six thrilling decades
The legend was born in 1953, when Chevrolet unveiled the first Corvette concept car to the world, and it’s been growing ever since. On the track, today’s Corvettes are formidable, with 7 Le Mans class victories in 13 years. And they’re no less impressive on the road, thanks to a host of race-bred technologies. One of the most impressive is the newest member of the Corvette family, the 427 Convertible Collector Edition. Endowed with much of the engineering prowess of the ZR1 and Z06 supercars – including the Z06’s 505 hp 7.0 L V8 engine – the 427 is the fastest, most powerful, most thrilling Corvette convertible in history. And if you want one, you’d better hurry. Because like all Corvettes, it’s going fast.
- Unsurpassed competition heritage
- How do you build some of the world's best sports cars? With the same teamwork – and many of the same technologies – that win at Le Mans. The C6.R race car engine is based on the production Corvette Z06's LS7 engine. The hydroformed aluminum frame, bodywork and Aerodynamics Package all derive from the Corvette ZR1 supercar. And the list of technology transfers goes on. Because what wins on the track makes for awesome performance on the street.
- Collectors, this is the one you've been waiting for
- Available on every 2013 Corvette model, the 60th Anniversary Design Package marks six great decades of Corvettes. Highlights include a ZR1-style rear spoiler, dark grey metallic brake calipers, Arctic White paint, suede-accented Diamond Blue interior trim and unique 60th logos on the wheel centre caps, steering wheel and head restraints. Convertible models also boast a blue convertible top. For an added touch of drama, there's an available graphics package that features full-length racing stripes in Pearl Silver Blue.
- 427 Convertible: Legendary performance
- With a 505 hp LS7 engine, carbon-fibre body panels and technologies borrowed from its ZR1 and Z06 stablemates, the new 427 Convertible Collector Edition isn't just the most powerful, fastest Corvette convertible ever. It's one of the most thrilling convertibles in the world. Imagine 0-96 km/h acceleration in just 3.8 seconds. A standing quarter-mile time of 11.3 seconds. Lateral acceleration of 1.08 g. And a top speed in excess of 305 km/h.
- ZR1: The extreme Corvette
- The ZR1 supercar pushes Corvette technology and performance to the maximum. Acceleration comes from a hand-built supercharged 6.2 L LS9 V8 generating 638 hp and 604 lb-ft of torque. The brakes feature cross-drilled carbon-ceramic rotors with 6-piston calipers in the front and 4-piston calipers in the rear. Massive Michelin® Pilot® Sport 2 tires are standard, as is a performance-tuned version of the Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension. It all adds up to the best-performing Corvette of all time.
- Z06: Track star
- The fixed-roof Z06 is built to a time-honoured formula. Maximize the power, minimize the weight. The hand-assembled 7.0 L LS7 engine under the hood pulses with 505 hp – more than the C6.R racecar. Yet thanks to an aluminum frame and carbon fibre fenders and door panels, Z06 is the lightest member of the Corvette family with a curb weight of just 1,451 kg. It's the ultimate dual-purpose sports car, equally impressive as a daily driver and a track-day performer.
- LS3 V8: Power without the price
- The LS3 V8 that powers Corvette and Corvette Grand Sport Coupe and Convertible models proves that awesome power and high efficiency can live together in harmony. The LS3 engine pumps out a very generous 430 hp – 436 with the available dual-mode exhaust. Yet it has a highway fuel consumption rating of just 7.7 L per 100 km.** The LS3 can be paired with your choice of 6-speed manual and automatic transmissions. Both Corvette and Grand Sport also offer the added precision and control of an available Magnetic Selective Ride Control suspension.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.