Design, Build and Sell the World's Best Vehicles
- Lead in advanced technologies and quality in creating the world's best vehicles
- Give employees more responsibility and authority and then hold them accountable
- Create positive, lasting relations with customers, dealers, communities, union partners and suppliers to drive our operating success.
Workplace of Choice:
Becoming a Workplace of Choice is an important objective for GM Canada. We strive to provide our employees with a work environment that creates an intense desire to be a part of our organization through the opportunity to contribute to our shared success. We provide opportunities for our employees to have meaningful careers.
It is important that our employees have both the tools and the authority to efficiently perform their jobs in a personal way. We encourage the kind of teamwork that focuses on the achievement of common goals through the inspiration and motivation of others.
- We strive to foster a culture that encourages innovation and employees to speak up and take risks.
- We recognize that our employees need to receive meaningful and genuine recognition for their efforts and accomplishments.
- We offer policies and programs that allow employees to manage both their personal and professional lives and commitments.
- We value fairness.
- We promote diversity.
- We are a socially responsible organization.
GM Canada has created a number of specific initiatives designed to increase employee engagement and continue to work closely with our employees to identify new ways to become a Workplace of Choice.
Rewarding You on Your Path
When you join one of the largest organizations in the world, you can expect a rewarding experience and benefits on a similar scale. As a GM Canada employee, you will have access to a variety of programs and health benefit options to support you and your family. GM employees and their immediate family members are also able to purchase GM vehicles at a significant product discount. All this makes GM Canada the perfect place to get your career moving.
Learning and Development
Everything you need to develop your skills and realize your career goals.
- Tuition assistance plan
- Leadership development program
- Career path planning
- Cross-functional developmental opportunities
- Promotion of internal opportunities
- Possibility of international career opportunities
- Mentoring and coaching programs
- Comprehensive performance review process
- Reimbursement for required professional membership association fees
- 24-hour access to online training through the GM Learning Environment
An environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life.
- Alternative work arrangement options such as flexible hours, telecommuting and job sharing
- Family friendly programs such as adoption assistance, maternity and parental leave top-up, dependant care leave and personal leave
- Paid annual holidays in excess of statutory requirements
- Attractive vacation and time off policies
A culture where collaboration and team work is fostered.
- GM's code of conduct; Winning With Integrity
- Open door policy
- Casual dress code
- Regular employee engagement surveys
- Company newsletter, regular employee communications and shared online environment
- Religious accommodation
- Various social events and company celebrations
A competitive total compensation package.
- Competitive total compensation regularly benchmarked to ensure market competitiveness
- Enhanced variable pay program linked directly to GM's business performance
- Performance-based merit program
- Recognition awards
- Discount on GM vehicles for employees and their family members
Pension and Benefits
A comprehensive benefit and retirement savings program to protect you and your family.
- Complete and flexible group insurance coverage
- Comprehensive health care benefits coverage
- Pension plan
- Savings program
- Online retirement planning tool
- Discounts on car, home, life and critical illness insurance
Health and Wellness
The resources and support you need for your health and well-being.
- On-site medical facilities
- Events and Activities to promote healthy lifestyle
- Comprehensive Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP)
- Many on-site fitness centres and access to discounted fitness memberships
ASEP - Get With The Program
Imagine a two-year apprenticeship at specially selected, trained and equipped community colleges in Canada with the most advanced, practical automotive technical training going. That's what ASEP is all about - a solid education combined with invaluable work experience at a General Motors Dealership. GM Canada is proud to support ASEP instructors with training on the latest trends and technology including the latest models of GM's exciting vehicle line-up.
If you are interested in learning more about the ASEP program please click on the link below for requirements and qualifications. GM ASEP
GM Canada encourages cross-cultural awareness and recognizes the cultural individuality and diversity that is reflected across our country.
Imagine a company of all cultures and races, operating in virtually every major country across the globe, sharing knowledge, and working as one team with one vision: to design, build and sell the world's best vehicles. That's GM Canada today. Now imagine working in this exciting, diverse environment, in a receptive organization, where the emphasis is on sharing of ideas and knowledge across all boundaries, cultures, and languages. That's GM Canada today and tomorrow.
Creating and maintaining an environment that naturally enables employees, suppliers, dealers, and communities to fully contribute to our pursuit of total customer enthusiasm is one of our primary goals. Why? Simply because it assures the strongest, most creative contribution from individuals and because the competition demands it. The world today is smaller and more interrelated than ever before. New economic and demographic forces are changing the entire planet into one giant global village, and that means unprecedented career opportunities for talented people of any age, ethnic background, gender, disability, race, religious belief, or sexual orientation. To succeed in this new environment, the GM Canada team has learned to appreciate and capitalize on diversity, hard work, energy, and new ideas.
We recognize that diversity is more than just people - it's diversity of career choices, too. Here you'll find an organization where career movement across organizational boundaries and divisions is encouraged. Where there are no boxes - only opportunities.
At GM Canada we are excited about our industry and welcome the challenges of the future. New ideas can come from anywhere in our organization - and from anyone. Why not you?
To find out what's being done on a global scale regarding diversity, visit our Global Diversity site
GM Canada's community initiatives embrace and support the vibrant and evolving cultural mosaic that makes up the Canadian landscape. GM Canada is committed to supporting organizations and programs designed to affect and improve the quality of life in communities across the country while recognizing the unique multicultural diversity in Canada.
GM Canada supports a variety of activities with a focus in four major areas: education, health and human services, environment and energy, and community development. Some of the organizations that GM Canada supports include:
GM Canada supports the United Way in plant cities and zone offices through corporate donations, as well as through employee payroll deduction. We are a member of the distinguished Million Dollar Club for corporations that consistently donate over One Million Dollars annually to the United Way.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving
GM Canada is proud to support the MADD Canada School Assembly Program, reaching thousands of Canadian youth with proven and effective anti-impaired driving messages.
High Schools, Colleges, and Universities
Through our donations to educational institutions across Canada, over 300 scholarship and bursary awards are given out annually to eligible students, in addition to vehicle and engine donations for training purposes to eligible schools.
For a schedule of the latest GM Canada News and Events please visit the News and Events page.